Newsletters and text messaging service
We have moved away from paper copies of our weekly newsletter to sending them electronically. This will ensure that you receive your copy and that they are not forgotten or left in the classroom.
Alongside this you will be able to email replies for things such as trips, clubs, questionnaires, etc., thus reducing everyone’s carbon footprint.
We use a system called HomeContact to do this. The system also allows for text messages to be sent to parents which means that you can be informed of school closures or if the return time of school trips changes, i.e. delays due to traffic jams, etc.
HomeContact is a SECURE web based system designed specifically for schools and youth organisations to enable messages to be sent directly into parents’ e-mail and mobile inboxes. The school has now subscribed to use the system with the aim of helping us to get news and information to you in a more reliable and efficient manner.
Please follow the instructions below to register with HomeContact.
Getting started instructions:
1. Log onto www.homecontact.co.uk > click the “Register” button from the left hand navigation.
2. Enter your name & the school PIN number (below) in the fields. Then, tick the checkboxes to add your email address(es) and mobile number(s). Once done, click “Sign-Up” to proceed.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to find and pair your child(ren) with your account.
4. Once you have selected ALL your children in the school click “Next” to complete the registration.
5. Your child pairing will now go to the school for authorisation and you should receive a welcome email from our system confirming your login details. You may need to check your spam/junk folder.
PIN Code: 76MYG
Note: Ensure the address ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ is added to your contacts/safe/friends list.
If you are having trouble registering please e-mail email@example.com for help.
IMPORTANT: Please be assured that HomeContact treat the security of your data with the utmost importance and are registered with the data protection registrar and to this end guarantee the security of your details. The system is also free of any advertising and parents who sign up will not receive any e-mails or texts from advertisers or any other third parties.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact the school office; alternatively, get in touch with HomeContact directly who will be more than happy to answer any questions or queries you may have.
Their website is: www.homecontact.co.uk