A message to the Year 1 parents!
Over the last two weeks, we have been assessing the children both at home and at school in; reading, writing and maths.
Over the summer holidays it would be really helpful if you could continue to work on the following areas;
* shape - especially recognising 3D shapes
* Time - reading a clock
* Money - recognising all of the coins and their values
* Days of the week/Months of the year - knowing the order!
* Direction - knowing their left and right
* Recognising the high frequency words (HFW) at speed!
* Comprehension - please use the year 1 bookmarks
*HANDWRITING!!!! - making sure the letters are formed correctly and sit on or under the line.
*Spellings - practise HFW and spelling patterns
Thank you! Have a great summer and I can't wait to see you all in September,