Please continue to help your child learn about 3D shapes. It would be great if you could upload video clips on to Tapestry of your child talking about shapes.
The stages of learning are:
1. Selecting a named 3D shape. E.g Please give me the cuboid.
2. Naming a 3D shape. E.g What is this shape called?
3. Answering questions about the properties of a 3D shape E.g How many faces/surfaces does this cuboid have?
4. Explaining about the properties of a shape. E.g What can you tell me about this shape?
5. Describing the properties of a shape for someone else to identify while looking at the shape. E.g Child says - It has 6 faces which are all squares, it has 8 vertices, it has 12 edges.
6. Identify a shape by a description of its properties. E.g Which shape am I describing - It has 6 faces which are all squares, it has 8 vertices, it has 8 edges.
Children should be handling these shapes to help them talk about them.
I have reattached the sheet of ideas you could do at home linked to 3D shapes for you to continue to choose activities from.
Thank you again for your support Home schooling your children.